Registration of enterprises in Azerbaijan to foreigners
The reforms carried out by the tax service create the basis for achieving high results in international ratings. In the World Bank’s Doing Business 2019 Report, which presents its own rating of ease of doing business in 190 countries of the world, the Republic of Azerbaijan has improved its position and takes the 25th place.
Two indicators of Doing Business, Starting a Business and Paying Taxes, are directly related to taxation issues. Azerbaijan has significantly improved its position in both indicators; over the past year, Azerbaijan has grown from the 18th to the 9th place in the Start Business indicator, and from the 35th to the 28th place in the Tax Payments indicator.
In Azerbaijan, registration of a legal entity is carried out on the basis of the “one window” principle; an application is submitted to the tax service and takes a short time, 2 business days. When a company is registered in Azerbaijan, tax registration is also carried out simultaneously. After registration, in order to start work, it is also necessary to perform some actions: carry out registration in extra-budgetary funds and statistical offices, as well as open a current account.
The procedure for registering a company for a foreigner is almost the same as for the citizens of Azerbaijan. The difference is only in the set of documents provided.
It is not necessary for the founder to live, and stay on the territory of the RA when establishing a company, and a question with his/her residence or residency permit stands no longer. Owning a business is also possible from abroad.
A foreign citizen can be a director of an LLC before receiving a work permit; after registration he/she has the right to apply to the migration service to obtain a temporary residence in Azerbaijan as a founder or director of the company.
A foreign citizen may be a director of an LLC without residing in Azerbaijan.
Why Should You Choose Just Us?
A company that has been accredited by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development for a consultancy program for small business in Azerbaijan
“SME” LLC has extensive experience in creating LLCs with participation of foreign citizens. We have developed effective methods of working with foreign citizens of different countries, which can significantly reduce the time required to create a legal entity and quickly resolve all issues.
- The company that has created more than 500 enterprises for start-ups
- We are confident in the knowledge and experience of our employees. Each of them is a high-level professional in his/her field
- Possibility to pay based on bank transfer
- Over the years of our activity, we have decided many legal processes and are ready to make you profitable offers
- We value the time of our customers;
Our services in the field of registration of enterprises in Azerbaijan for foreigners
- Opening of branches and representative offices of a foreign company in Azerbaijan
- Registration of a company without leaving for Azerbaijan
- Consultation at all stages of company creation
- Providing a legal address
- Accounting, tax and legal support of a new company at the request of the client
- Obtaining work permits in Azerbaijan for company employees
- Opening a current account
- Assistance with choosing a tax system
- Preparation of a seal
- Obtaining an electronic digital signature (ASAN IMZA)
- Registration of the organization in extra-budgetary funds and statistical bodies
What documents are required for foreigners to register an enterprise in Azerbaijan?
- Company name
- Form of incorporation
- A copy of the founders’ and director’s documents (identity card and passport)
- Bank (branch) to open an account
- Information on composition of participants (share in the authorized capital)
- Information about the director (executive director)
- Legal address
- Notarized power of attorney with an apostille
What documents are required to register an enterprise in Azerbaijan if the founder is a foreign legal entity?
- Notarized copies of certificates of state registration (extract from the state registry) and the Articles of Association of the legal founder entity
- 2 copies of the Articles of Association approved by the founder(s) or an authorized representative of the enterprise
- Decision to create a company, approval of its Articles of Association and formation of governing bodies
- If the founder is a foreign legal entity, then documents confirming its registration in a foreign country – a notarized copy of the registration certificate (extract from the registry) and other documents (legalized (taking into account the Hague Convention of 1961, which cancels the requirement to legalize foreign official documents))
Additional Services in the Field of Corporate Law
- Preparation of transactions with shares, agreements between shareholders, investment agreements and contracts, as well as tax and legal advice
- Apostille (legalization) of documents
- Change of the director and founders
- Change and addition of activities
- Change in share capital
- Registration of closed and open joint-stock companies
- Registration of securities (shares) in the executive body and depository centre