Obtaining a Residence Permit in Azerbaijan
“SME” LLC is a law firm specializing in providing assistance to foreigners who come to Azerbaijan to work, for permanent or temporary residence. Company has extensive experience in this field. We are aware of all changes in the legislation of Azerbaijan.
We provide the following services for foreign citizens in Azerbaijan:
- Temporary Residence Permit
- Permanent Residence or Citizenship Permit
- Obtaining a Work Permit from a foreign employer
- Preparation of Invitation Letters
- Obtaining and extending a visa
- Important issues to consider when moving to Azerbaijan
- Tips for starting a business when moving to Azerbaijan
In the following cases foreigners and stateless persons are allowed to temporarily reside in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan:
- Engages in entrepreneurial activity in the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Occupies the position of a manager and his/her deputy in a legal entity established in the Republic of Azerbaijan, and the founder or at least one of the founders of which is a foreign legal entity or individual
- Is in close family relations with a citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Occupies the position of the head of the branch and representative office of a foreign legal entity in the Republic of Azerbaijan and his/her deputy
- Has real estate in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan worth at least AZN 100,000
- Highly qualified specialist in the field of economics, industry, military affairs, science, culture, sports and other areas
- If family members of foreigners or stateless persons reside temporarily or permanently in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Investment in the country’s economy at least at the rate of AZN 500,000
- Occupies the position of the head and his/her deputy in a legal entity established in the Republic of Azerbaijan, the founder or at least one of the founders of which is a foreign legal entity or individual
What is a Temporary Residence Permit?
Residence Permit is a document confirming the right of a foreign citizen or stateless person to temporary residence and work in the Republic of Azerbaijan, as well as the right to freely leave or enter the Republic of Azerbaijan. Residence Permit is also an identity document.
A temporary Residence Permit is issued to a foreign citizen for a period of 3 months or 3.6 year. Upon the expiration of the validity of Residence Permit, at the request of a foreign citizen, Residence Permit may be extended one month before the expiration of validity period. The number of renewals of Residence Permit is not limited.
Residence Permit in the Republic of Azerbaijan may be issued to a foreign citizen who has been living for at least one year, on the basis of a temporary residence permit
What documents are required to obtain a temporary Residence Permit through the opening of a business?
- Application form (a form)
- Original and copy of Foreign Passport
- Documents of the company (Articles of Association, registration of tax code) – NOTARIZED
- Order for appointment of a director (foreign citizen)
- Medical Certificates: General Health Certificate, AIDS, Hepatitis B and C
- 2 photos (3х4)
- Original and copy of the document for the house where he/she lives
- Notarized statement of consent of the Lessor
- Original and copy of Lessor’s Identity Card
Note: a foreign citizen must apply for a business or work visa during his/her visit to Azerbaijan
Obtaining a Residence Permit in Azerbaijan by Creating a Business
Considering the fact that Azerbaijan has created favourable conditions for business, investments and sustainable economic development, many foreigners are interested in starting a business and living here, and the number of such applications has increased in recent years. Foreigners cannot conduct business in Azerbaijan without proper documents, such a violation leads to serious consequences: administrative fines, deportation of a foreign citizen. Sometimes self-registration can be difficult and time-consuming due to the foreigner’s ignorance of Azerbaijani law. To avoid these problems, “SME” LLC will help you and prepare all the necessary documents.